Sunday, December 23, 2018

Dear Emilia,

Dear Emilia,

You are laying next to me sleeping right now, making fists like Pappy (My Grandpa) does while he sleeps and blowing bubbles in your mouth.  I'd like to be screaming at the TV cause the Steelers game is on and we need to win.  But, you have been fighting sleep all day, and I know that if I talk you will wake up, so I haven't made a sound.  You are almost 3 months old.  And I feel like these 3 months have flown by.  We have hit so many mile stones since your 2 month appointment.  But, I don't think that they are milestones that are counted at the doctor's office. 
None of your newborn clothes fit you now.  I cried when I had to put your dinosaur sleeper in a box to be put away.  And all of the pants that you have are shorts, because you are long.. and just a little chunky.  I still can't believe that you also had to wear premie clothes.  Those are hard to find, and at times we just put you in newborn size, because  we had to keep you in clothes. It has taken you almost the full 3 months to get to size 3 months.  You are just our Itsy Bitsy.  
Our time with breastfeeding has come to an end.  I am happy that it is over.  I don't think that you liked that we stopped and I was sad that you still wanted to do it.  It was hard not being able to provide enough for you.  I know that you would have keep going longer, but it was a matter of supply and you needing to grow.  You are much happier now that you can eat more and do not have to nurse and then supplement.

You are sleeping so well at night.  I don't want to jinx that, but I want to brag about it. Since about the 23rd of November you have been sleeping on average about 6 hours a night.  Honestly I think that it might have come sooner, if we didn't have to wake you every 3 hours to feed.  But, you sleep like a champ at night.  If only you would go to sleep before 1am, your mommy is not a night owl.
One of your favorite things is to talk to a snowman that I have put up for Christmas.  Every morning after you eat, you coo and smile at the snowman.  I will be leaving him up for a while.  You have learned to grab, which means hair.  You love lights.  The baby in the phone is also another favorite, but you haven't realized that it is you yet.  You love to be sang to, and you love to read stories before bed.  You would sleep on your tummy if you were allowed.  You fight nap time like it is your job (that is from Daddy!!)  You love to be talked to and you turn your head in all different directions to look around and listen to things.  Regular tummy time is a struggle, but you can hold your head up on your own and you can roll to your left side, which is where I find you in the mornings if I wake up before you.  Abby is your buddy, you started to recognize her.  You like to grab her ears and sometimes you smile when she kisses you.  Your smile is contagious.  
I cannot believe that this is your first Christmas baby girl.  I know that you will be spoiled this year and many years after.  But, I hope that you will learn that Christmas is about love and giving and not about getting everything that you want.  I hope that you will be greatful ALWAYS.  I hope that you never lose the magic that Christmas is.  I know that there will come a time where this is spoiled for you, but I hope that you will find it in your heart to believe and that it will stay that way for a while.  I also can't wait until you know what Christmas is.  I don't mind if you are into everything, but please don't knock the tree over. 

In these 3 months Daddy and I have grown so in love with you.  We still remark at how it all happened.  We have decided that we will call you our miracle baby, but we are going to wait a while to tell you about IVF and all that jazz.  We hope that we won't treat you too different, just because it took so long to get you.  But, we know in our hearts that it is almost going to be impossible to do that.  
Happy 3 months baby girl!  And Happy 1st Christmas, may all your dreams come true, Daddy and I know ours have with you!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment