Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rachael Ray: Express Lane Suppers (supper 1)

Oh my gosh this was so yummy...I don't need to go to Chipotle for a while!!!  (Oh an my hands smell like lime juice!!)  Normally I do not eat beans (other than green beans), I just don't like the taste of them.  Tonight however I ate them :D!  Yum!!

This dish really was done in a flash.  I think that I started at 6:45 and by 7:15 or so I was ready to eat.  These flavors blend well, and I really thought that the oregano would do it no justice!!  I really do LOVE cooking.  BTW (by the way) Hubby helped me on this, which was really nice cause I love him and cooking :D.

This is what you need (in the mag you go shopping once for 3 meals but I havent made the other two yet):

Grilled Shrimp Burrito Bowls

1 cup medium-grain white rice
1 lime, juiced
1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed
1 tsp. dried oregano
salt and pepper
1 red onion, sliced into thin rings
5 scallions, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
lb thawed frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tbsp. EVOO
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 avocado

1. In a medium saucepan, boil 2 cups water.  Add the rice, lower the heat to low, cover and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.  Stir in half the lime juice.
2. In a small saucepan, mash half the beans with 1/2 cup water over medium heat.  Add the remaining beans and the oregano.  Simmer for 8 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper, turn off the heat and cover to keep warm.
3. Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.  In a bowl, toss the onion, scallions and shrimp with the EVOO and chili powder; season.  Grill the onions and scallion whites for 7 minutes, then the scallion greens and shrimp, turning once for 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
4. In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the remaining lime juice.  Divide the rice, beans, veggies and shrimp among 4 bowls and dollop with the avocado mash.


Notes: I did not have a grill pan, so I fried the veggies and shrimp on the stove.  Also I wasn't sure what "Season" meant when doing the grill thing so I didn't add anything.  

It was so good!  Yum Yum Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment