Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Southern Peach Pork Chops...and I am missing the Peaches :(

I always try my best to make sure that if I am going to cook something I have all the ingredients...  For this recipe I am missing the peaches, simply because they rotted :( !!!!

This recipe isn't too bad, but it isn't the most flavorful recipe, when the book says "Quick and Easy" there isn't much to it to make flavor!

Southern Peach Pork Chops
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Makes: 4 servings


1 tablespoon curry powder (I didn't have this)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch coarsely ground black pepper
1 garlic clove (I cheat and use the refrigerator jar of minced garlic)
 4 bone-in pork chops, 3/4 inch thick (5 ounces each) (my hubby would have been happier if they would have been boneless, but you have to cook them for a bit and the boneless would have burned on the grill)
4 large peaches, each cut in half and pitted (mine rotted)
1/2 cup peach or apricot jam or preserves

1. Prepare grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
2. In a cup (I used a bowl), with fork, stir curry powder, sugar, oil, salt, cinnamon, pepper, and garlic until blended; use to rub on both sides of pork chops.
3. Brush cut side of each peach half and one side of chops with some jam.  Place peaches, jam side down, and chops, jam side up, on grill over medium heat; grill 5 minutes.  Turn chops and peaches, brush grilled side of chops with some jam and grill 5 minutes longer.
4. Transfer peaches as they are browned to platter.  Turn chops and grill until browned on the outside and still slightly pink inside 2 to 3 minutes longer.  Transfer chops to platter with peaches and serve.

From Good Housekeeping: Fast Weeknight Favorites, 200 Really Quick, Simply Delicious Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment