Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy Fall, Y'all!!!




It's my favorite time of the year!!  Literally,  I am busting at the seams, it's time to turn off the AC, turn on the fans and open the windows.  Oh and all the halloween stuff, haunted houses, pumpkins, horror films...  Okay you get it.  Did I mention pumpkins????

I seem to always have a lot of guilt and self doubt when I am writing my blogs.  Sometimes I feel like I share too much, and other times I feel like I am just a rambling women that goes on and on about the same thing, just a little bit different each time.  Whatever the reason, sometimes I have a hard time sitting here writing.  I don't often go back and read any of what I write.  Sometimes I do, but I feel like it is enough for it to just sit in my head, that I don't need to go back and read it again and again.  

I am writing this middle of the road blog post, as this month officially marks the 2 years of trying to have a baby.  It was this time 2 years ago (okay I don't know a specific day, just a month, work with me here!!!), that we decided that we were going to try and have a baby.  And now I have become a woman on a mission.  I am one person, but I feel like a lot can change with one person.  I am still trying to figure out the best way for us to become more that fur-parents.  But, I have added another mission to my cause.  I want women to self advocate for themselves.  Do not sit blindly like I did and let someone tell you that you are young and to go home and keep trying.  It will be so heart breaking.  Do not defeat yourself and then let doctors tell you that there is something wrong.  Get a 2nd opinion.  ALWAYS.  If within 6 months to a year you are not seeing a change, a result, a pregnancy, whatever it is you are trying for do not stay with that doctor.  For lack of a better word, they are dicking you around.  And you need to not let it happen.

In America we believe many different things, there are many religions, or lack thereof.  There are many ideals, they are many things.  However, I believe that we are women centered.  One of my Indian friends, (not the Native American type, the true Indian from India, and before you get bent out of shape, I am Native American, and I am not being any type of hateful!!) talked with me about how in her country the are mother centered.  The praise the women, she is of the highest honor, she rules the roost, (this might not be everywhere there, but she was talking about herself).  Mother is the one that makes life, and carries on the next generation.  I have always thought about this, mainly because we don't practice this at all.  Men make loads more money than we do, for doing the same work.  It took all 10 years of me working at Walmart to make what my hubby made in half the time that he was there.  I have had to be extra good at my job in order to get a raise, going above and way beyond to get that raise.  Women are still held back.  Yet if you think about it, without us, there would be no future generations.  (I am also not saying that were are only there to make babies because we do more than that, it was just the example that came to my head.)

I look at our society today, and I wonder what it will look like when we are older.  We have become so politically correct that we just don't say much about other things because we are seen as not being agreeable to current times.  I'm sorry but I want to have a difference in opinion.  I want to be able to say it too.  Okay, maybe I am going totally off topic, or maybe it just took me a long time to get there.  But, this morning as I am drinking my coffee and watching 20/20, (btw it's one of my favorite shoes, I could have majored in criminal justice, maybe, but I don't like dead bodies, and I am not gonna work in a prison so that doesn't leave me much.. good thing I didn't major in that!!).  So I'm watching it and it's about this little girl that vanished...  She went out to get Ice Cream and she was gone.  On the episode they talked about how the police looked for sex offenders in her neighborhood, and then showed the map of all the ones that were within one mile of her house.  And if you know me, that gets the gears going.  WHY ARE WE ALLOWING THIS????  Please tell me.  Please give me a good reason as to why a sex offender should be allowed back into society.  And please don't say because they can be changed, because I don't agree with that at all.

The reason that I am also thinking about this is because Halloween is one of the few times that our children go door to door.  And I remember a friend saying that when we moved into our neighborhood, that when there is a sign on the door that says, "No Candy" that is a registered sex offenders home and they are required to put that on the door.  Key word here is registered.  So, when I was walking around the neighborhood last year around this time, (maybe a little closer to halloween) I noticed signs on the door, and I was pretty angry about it.  Of all the things that we are worried about in America, why are we not worried about this?  Yes I moved into my neighborhood, and I am pretty sure, that there are not any on my street.  But, in my neighborhood there are.  I just want to know what can be done about this.  I just want to know about the safety of our children.


Okay, I know that I have given a lot in a long blog.  But I was just thinking about these things.  I am a woman on a mission.  I am trying to do good with the life that I live.  I'm not in any way preaching peace and harmony, but I am preaching answers.  I am telling you not to allow things to just be.  Question, and not once, but all the time.  Ask, talk, be that annoying person.  Be self aware.  Make a difference!

Happy Fall, Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment