Saturday, September 26, 2015

Grudges cause wrinkles

As defined....

grudge
ɡrəj/
noun
  1. 1.
    a persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from a past insult or injury.


truth
tro͞oTH/
noun
  1. the quality or state of being true.


for·give
fərˈɡiv/
verb
  1. stop feeling angry or resentful toward (someone) for an offense, flaw, or mistake.

for·get
fərˈɡet/
verb
  1. fail to remember.

John 8:31-32English Standard Version (ESV)

The Truth Will Set You Free

31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
English Standard Version (ESV)
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.


I have been thinking about this a lot.  I always ask for forgiveness.  However, I can never seem to forgive.  I hold a grudge.  And because of that grudge... I cannot forget.  I am not proud of any of these.  There is nothing to be proud of.  If you believe in karma this could be the way that it gets me.  My feelings easily get hurt.  There isn't much that it takes.  I am not made of steel, but honestly this is not what it is about.

I don't know how to forgive.  To truly let to go.  I think that I am in a place where it doesn't bother me, and then I am right back in that place.  And more than that I remember things.  I can play them back in my mind.  I don't usually remember what is said, but I remember the situation.  I remember what it was about.  I want to let it go.  It is so frustrating and trying to go over it in my mind.  Wouldn't you like to just forget???

Without a doubt I would like to forget.  But not only that, I want to forgive.  I don't have much meat to this blog.  There isn't much to say.  There isn't a way to make it better.  This is something that I have to learn to do myself.  This is something that I have been working on for most of my life.  I have let friendships go because I am unable to forgive.  I have to try and not do that as a 30 year old.  We all have things that we want to work on.  If they are self growth or growth in other ways.  We have to know that we are allowed to grow and evolve during our entire lifetime.  We don't have to settle.  We NEVER have to settle.  We should leave to grow, we should learn to think, we should learn to change.  

Remember:

Gonna hold who needs holdin'
Mend what needs mendin'
Walk what needs walkin'
Though it means an extra mile
Pray what needs prayin'
Say what needs sayin'
'Cause we're only here
For a little while

No comments:

Post a Comment