Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Growth

There is a quote floating around the inter webs about growing at different rates.  Or is it popping pop corn and not all of it pops? Yeah, shows you how much I pay attention.

17 months...
This time 2 years ago (March 8th 2018, to be exact) we had our first visit with the OB to fully confirm that we were pregnant.  Mike and I weren't really going to share the news with many people other than family, and we didn't get to tell most of them.  We were shocked... this day would be a yes.  There that baby was.. the most beautiful tiny, little thing I have ever seen.  Our first positive tests of any time.  We did it.

Fast forward to now.  I still can't believe that Emilia is real.  Daily I have to pinch myself.  And sometimes I don't think that we actually did it.  That I went through shots, and a C-section.  But, she is here.  

Let me talk about her for a little bit.  I want to give an 18 month update, but that has to wait until the end of the month.  So, hopefully she does more by then!  Emilia LOVES Dance.  Music on the TV, in the car, you name it she is going to dance.  So we are enrolled in a dance/gymnastics class.  We have only had one class, so time will tell on where this is going.  Mike and I wanted Emilia to have a water safety class.  We like to swim and go to the beach, so it was naturally something we thought to do.  Honestly, I didn't think that Emilia was going to get much from it.  When we started she was 15 months old.  We also thought that she might be the oldest in the class (turns out there is a boy who is 1 month older than her.)  Emilia LOVES swimming.  She can float on her back, blow bubbles, kick her feet to move, and she is really close to holding her breath to go under. It is crazy what she picks up on and how fast she does it.  Her last swim class level 1 is this week, and then we will move on to level 2.  I'm not sure if we will break or go to level 3.

Emilia has always been a babbler.  From the time she knew how to do it at 3 months, she really hasn't stopped.  I'm hoping that more words come quicker.  Because now she is getting frustrated that we don't know all of what she is trying to say.  

My girl is tall.  So, I upgraded her pants to 18 months.  Her swim suits are also 18 months.  But, swim suits run small.  Most of the pants are too big in her tummy.  But, still a little long.  I think that her growth is stabilizing a little bit. She is also becoming picky on her foods.  Sometimes, she will not eat what we have.  Sometimes, she decides that she only wants one thing that we are eating (always a fruit or veggie and she NEVER turns down fries.)  She likes most foods, but when she doesn't like something she will through it up.  Drama Queen for sure.

Okay, the rest I am going to leave for a 18 month update!

No comments:

Post a Comment