Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I don't really eat chicken salad....But,k






I don't like chicken salad.  Cold chicken is not my thing, I don't eat a cold turkey sandwich after thanksgiving either.  But, I like rice and I like mandarin oranges so I thought that this was worth a try.  And I am really glad that I did.  It is really simple and doesn't take much time. there was a lot left, and the hubby made it disappear.  I really like my "Gooseberry Patch" cookbook.  It really comes in handy!!

Orange-Wild Rice Chicken Salad

Heads up!  This isn't your ordinary chicken salad..it's better!  This salad boasts wild rice, sugar snap peas and mandarin oranges.

6-oz. pkg. long grain and wild rice, cooked
2 c. cooked chicken breast, shredded (I cubbed them)
1 c. sugar snap peas, trimmed (I used frozen and I used the entire bag)
15 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained (I couldn't find 15, so I found 19.5 and used them all)
1.2 c honey-Dijon salad dressing (I couldn't find this so I used honey mustard salad dressing and added Dijon)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.  Chill until serving time. Serves 4.

(or if your hubby decides that he likes it serves 2).

Rhonda Redder
Ellicott City, Md

No comments:

Post a Comment