Saturday, September 28, 2013

Time to bring out the crock pot!!!! (YES!!!!)

Did I mention the fact that FALL is my favorite season?  I can plug in my crock pot and get along with my day.  I can put it all together the night before, and then in the morning before I leave plug in and go.  I can eat soup and not feel hot about it, cause it is time to eat it.  I love it.  I also love that when you make something in the crock pot there seems to be an abundance of food left.  You can eat it for days!  I love cooking, but sometimes there isn't enough time to do so!  

I think that I have made something like this before.  It tastes kind of like the au jui dip.  But this tasted good.  It's not really a comfort food, it is just something yummy to eat.  

From My Crockin' Girls Cook Book

Jenna's Beef Tips
A crockin' girl standby, this flavor- packed recipe makes regular appearances at Jenna's Texas home.

Ingredients

1 can golden mushroom soup
1/2 can water (use can from soup)
1/2 can cooking wine (use can from soup)
1 packet onion soup mix
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium onion, cut into rings
Sirloin tip steaks (2 to 3 Steaks)

Directions
Combine soup, water cooking wine, onion soup mix, and minced garlic in the slow-cooker.  Whisk together to remove lumps, then add onions and steaks.  (We put the steaks into the liquid whole and pull apart the meat once it is cooked; you can cut up the meat before cooking, if desired.)  Make sure the steaks are fully covered in the mixture; add a little liquid to cover them, if needed.  Cook LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment