Monday, October 14, 2013

Greek Marinated Chicken

My Hubby and I have a strong love for greek food (I don't eat lamb though).  We like to find places that serve a good gyro.  I like to make my own Taziki sauce.  Whenever I see a recipe that has greek in the name, I have to pin it; make sure that I am saving it for later.  This however wasn't as good as I expected.  I probably didn't marinate the chicken as long as I should have.  And, I probably shouldn't have poured all of the marinade into the pan and baked it.  The greek yogurt separated, and became chucky.  And I couldn't get over the overwhelming taste of lemon.  What did I do wrong?  

I didn't click on the link inside of the link to try and find the directions, I didn't think that they were there until after I made the recipe.  So I did a lot of guessing.  I baked the chicken at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. I was more concerned that I was going to eat raw chicken, rather than being concerned in flavor of the dish.  I was also in a hurry.  I thought that I gave myself plenty of time, and I really didn't.  (Come to find out Hubby didn't get up when I thought he was supposed to....)

So now to give you the recipe....

Greek Marinated Chicken

  Ingredients
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • ½ Tbsp dried oregano
  • 1 medium lemon
  • ½ tsp salt
  • freshly cracked pepper
  • ¼ bunch fresh parsley
  • 3½ to 4 lbs chicken pieces
Instructions
Read full details on: www.budgetbytes.com
- See more at: http://www.recipefavorite.com/2013/07/greek-marinated-chicken.html?m=1#sthash.a5bwegpt.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment