Thursday, October 10, 2013

I didn't even get a bowl :(

Sometimes I make something and I don't get anymore than a taste, and with this soup that was the case.  Hubby was late for work so that he could have another bowl.  I don't blame him, the one little taste that I go was amazing.  

Did I mention that I LOVE my crock pot?  More than love it, I can't live without it.  I can cook a meal and not have to stand in the kitchen all day.  Not that I don't mind standing in the kitchen all day..just sometimes I want to stay on the couch under my blankie, cuddled with my boxer!!!!

I made Buffalo Chicken Soup, it's great.  Now it is pretty spicy, so if that isn't your thing I don't recommend this recipe. If spicy is your thing don't hold back you will love with.  Oh one more thing, there is a rue, it didn't work.  I don't know what happened, but I dumped it in the pot anyways.

Buffalo Chicken Soup

1 tablespoon oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, diced
2 to 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour 
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups milk 
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 cup bottled buffalo wing sauce (mild or hot)
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add onion and celery and saute for about 5 minutes.  Scrap veggies into slow cooker.  Add cooked chicken to the slow cooker.  Melt butter in skillet over medium heat just until foamy.  Whisk in the flour to make a roux, stirring well to incorporate all the flour.  Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until the roux is slightly golden.  Scrap into the slow cooker.  Stir in broth and milk.  Add garlic salt and wing sauce.  Stir well.  Cover and cook low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.  Stir in cheese about 20 minutes before serving!  

Enjoy on a cold day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment