Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hoppy Easter...as I always say!!!

I don't like saying Happy Easter, instead I like to say Hoppy Easter :D...
Anyways. I haven't written a blog in a long time. Partially because, I have cooking block, and Partially because I have be working hard at my job, and getting Scentsy off the ground. (If you reading this you should order from me).

For many people Easter is just a day to get candy from a bunny. But, while I like getting candy from a bunny, I also like spending time with family and friends, and thinking about why we are celebrating Easter. Mainly I like my family time. Family time equals cooking time!!! (and for you it equals a blog :D)

I have NEVER made deviled eggs, let alone boiled an egg. I don't like eggs that much, and so I honestly never need to learn to boil an egg. That becomes a problem when you offer to make deviled eggs for a family get together. So with much determination, I asked a friend for an egg recipe. However, there where no directions on this recipe for boiling eggs. So to be honest with you, I did what I sometimes do the best and winged it.

It's really not that hard, but when you have never done it, and you have never seen the finished product after boiling, you mind plays tricks on you. Especially if you are tired after cleaning all day. Did you know that after you cut the egg in half, that the back part of the yolk is greenish? I didn't, but I left it in the bowl any how... Did you also know that if the eggs are not laying flat in your bowl that the bottom will not fill out? It is like half your egg is gone.

II have to say after making the eggs, and putting together the recipe, they were pretty good. I like more vinegar in my deviled eggs. I also made shrimp Croustini's (which I am addicted to!!!) and a dill pasta salad, which was better than I thought. That was a dressing that I bought at the craft fair!!!!

I had a couple more thought's that I was going to write, but my allergies, and all that is killing me, to the point where I can no longer think...so here is the recipe, I just used more egg, and less mayo, and pepper instead of salt...

DEVILED EGGS

6 Hard boiled eggs
1/4 cup of mayo
1 tsp yellow mustard
2 tsp pickle juice (or red wine vinegar)
Paprika to garnish (optional)

Peel hard boiled eggs and halve lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a separate bowl. Mash yolks with a fork. Add mayo, mustard, and pickle juice, mix well. (I generally keep sprinkling in mustard and pickle juice until the mix is nice and creamy. Keep tasting it to make sure it tastes good. Don't overdo it though or it will be runny!! I also sprinkle in just a teeny bit of salt.). Stuff the egg halves with the mixture. Garnish with paprika if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment