Wednesday, April 11, 2012

On Par with Cheez-it Chicken :D (scroll down)


Angie’s Baked Cheddar Chicken with Sauce

by Angie on November 3, 2011






Need help reducing your grocery spending, or with meal planning and couponing? Then you are in the right place! Sign up to receive FREE recipes, coupons and other money saving tips in your inbox or in your feed reader. And for even more updates on what's happening in the kitchen and around town, follow the $5 Dinners adventures on Twitter and Facebook too! Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll stay for dinner!

cheesey baked chicken2 296x300 Angies Baked Cheddar Chicken with Sauce

College students, want to impress your parents? Husbands, your wives? Anyone want to impress company?? Then THIS is for you.

Oh, yeah, I guess you can feed it to the kiddos too!

I am eating the baked cheddar chicken right now as leftovers. And I do not eat left overs. Luckily for me, unfortunately, my husband left his lunch at home today so it’s all mine. icon smile Angies Baked Cheddar Chicken with Sauce

This is a very pretty easy to prepare, but get ready for all the compliments afterwords. I would say it’s definitely a “need to make dinner for company recipe!” It even looks like you spent a lot of time on it!

Cheesey baked Chicken1 300x186 Angies Baked Cheddar Chicken with Sauce

After the chicken is in the pan, I just dumped the left over cheese & cracker crumbs on top of it. I love crust.

printer famfamfam Angies Baked Cheddar Chicken with Sauce

Angie’s Baked Cheddar Chicken

Yield – 7 servings

Preparation Time – 15 minutes

Cooking Time – 40 minutes

Ingredients

  • 5 large chicken breasts
  • 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1/8 t pepper
  • 1/2 C milk
  • 3 C cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1 t dried parsley

Sauce

  • 1 14 ounce can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 T butter
  • 2 T sour cream

Directions

  • Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
  • In a gallon size baggie, smash ritz crackers into crumbs. (The kids love this part)
  • Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
  • Dip each piece of chicken into the milk, cheese & crumbs in succession.
  • Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan.
  • Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
  • Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
  • Combine the sauce ingredients (soup, sour cream & butter) into a microwaveable safe dish, and cook until it’s stir-able melty and warm.
  • Spread the sauce over the chicken once it’s been served. And WOW them!

Cost $ 9.55


Read more: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/11/angies-baked-cheddar-chicken-with-sauce.html#ixzz1rmwgnqMO

Many things make me happy; the color orange, my family, my friends, my husband, my puppies, good food, and ofcorse ICE TEA! I was looking for something today, to use with some left over ingredients that I had for Easter (the only thing I didn't have was cream of chicken soup, Hubby went and got it for me :D). I found this recipe on Pinterest. Let me tell you it is worth it. And it is something that you don't have to think about for 40 minutes, like a slow cooker just in the over.

A few things that I did a little bit different, I added the parsley to the cracker crumbs, I don't really like the taste of dried parsley. I used all of the cheese, I poured it over the chicken after I did the whole dip thing as well as the extra cracker crumbs. It was so good. I guess this is something like Cheez-it chicken, Ill be making over and over again!!! Thanks for the inspiration Pinterest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment