Wednesday, May 2, 2012

This blog should have been written yesterday!!

Happy May!! Now for the PSA: May is Melanoma Awareness Month, USE SUN Screen, it's cheap, and you will love longer. Now back to your regularly scheduled food blog!!!

I finally, after about a month went to the grocery store. I think that it will be another month before I go to the grocery store again. But this time, I am ready for a month long away from the grocery store. I just may need to pick up a few ingredients here and there!!! Last night I made Cheesy Chicken Lasagna.

It was very good. However my sauce never thickened. I heated it for about 45mins or more, and nothing happened. I didn't want it to curdle. Tomorrow I will attempt cheese fries, I will also be making guacamole. However I am tired and have to work early tomorrow, so the Hubby made dinner tonight :D I hope that everyone is enjoying their May!!!





Cheesy Chicken Ranch Lasagna
Adapted from Real Mom Kitchen

2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk
1 (1 oz) pkg. Hidden Valley dry Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix (not the dip blend)
3 C. cubed, cooked, chicken
1/8 tsp pepper
1 (16oz) lasagna noodles, cooked (I used 9 noodles)
1 1/2 to 2 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 to 2 C mozzarella cheese, grated

Combine evaporated milk and Ranch dressing and pepper in a 3 quart heavy saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently until dry ingredients are dissolved. Simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Sauce will thicken slightly. Layer half of lasagna noodles, chicken, sauce, and cheese in well-greased 9×13 pan. Repeat layers again. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment