Friday, May 4, 2012

Crap: I forgot the Jalapenos!!!

I ALWAYS read the directions all the way through!!! But some how yesterday in the middle of making cheese fries and making pizza I forgot the Jalapenos for the cheese fries. I even put them on the counter right in front of where I was working, and didn't put them on..oh well cheese fries still tasted good!!

When you go to some where like "Outback" how can you not order the cheese fries. Lets face it, they taste wonderful. But they are so bad for you!! Loaded with calories, not to mention they probably fry the fries instead of baking them. If you go to "Chilli's" they have cheese fries as well, they come out in this pretty little skillet and you think that they have baked them, I am certain they are fried a head of time, then loaded down with cheese and such and then put in the oven to melt the cheese. I am sure of this because I have gotten a cold plate of them, if those fries where baked they would be hard.

Pinterest is my new favorite place. Not saying that I didn't like it when I first got there, but now I love it. There are so many recipes for find there. I found a recipe for "Skinny Cheese Fries" the picture looked good, so I put it on my board. I'm trying out new things, but I don't want to gain 50lbs in the process. Let me just tell you that these fries are BANGIN' !!! The seasoning is wonderful. I could eat the entire dish by myself, (had to share with the Hubby). But so good!!

We also made a "Beer Bbg Chicken Pizza"!! The sauce was from the pampered chef, and I was supposed to grill it in my nice new grilling pan, but like the title of this blog, I forgot a few ingredients. One thing I didn't realize is you need already cooked dough, they suggest the frozen kind. I was a little bummed that I couldn't make it on the grill, but the pizza came out so good, I'm not complaining. Maybe if I baked the dough a little bit and then took it out to the grill I might have been able to pull that off. I am going to try that next time.

The more recipes I make, the more I realize my passion for cooking. Not saying that I didn't have it before, but I am a lot more willing to try things. I feel like my food pallet has expanded a little bit. I mean I even have a Chilli that I really like. To bad it is warm weather, I would be making a pot!!! I also love the guac that I make, I am soooo excited that tomorrow is Cinco De Mayo!!! You know what that means, I am making Guac, and tacos!! Just putting together this blog makes me hungry...oh my!!!

Beer Bbq Chicken Pizza
You will need a bottle of Beer Bbq Sauce from pampered Chef
Chicken
Bacon
Red Onion
Dough
Lots of Cheddar Cheese

Fix all ingredients on the pizza any way you like them, bake and enjoy!!




Skinny Texas Cheese Fries
Skinnytaste.com
Servings:
2 • Serving Size: 1/2 • Old Points: 6 pt • Points+: 7 pt
Calories:
259 • Fat: 12.3 g • Protein: 10.1 g • Carb: 29 g • Fiber: 2.9 g • Sugar: 1.4 g
Sodium:
590.5 mg (without salt)

If you make the homemade low-fat buttermilk ranch ad 1 point plus or 52 calories.

Ingredients:

  • 2 medium potatoes (2/3 lb total), yukon gold or russet, washed and dried (skin on)
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp cumin
  • coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
  • 1 slice center cut bacon, cooked & finely chopped
  • 1/3 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp diced scallions
  • 1 tbsp sliced pickled Jalapeno (jarred on canned)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Lightly coat with cooking spray.

Cut each potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch thin slices; then cut each slice into 1/4 inch fries.
In a large bowl, combine cut potatoes and oil; toss well. Add seasoning (paprika to salt and pepper). Toss to coat.



Place
potatoes in a single layer on a lightly greased large baking sheet. Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until tender crisp, turning once half way through (depending on thickness this may require more or less time).



Remove from oven, place fries into two small oven safe dishes (or one large dish for sharing), top with cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos, scallions and bacon bits and return to oven for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Serve with low fat buttermilk ranch dressing and serve.



Print Friendly and PDF
Pin it
You might also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment