Sunday, May 6, 2012

Happy Cinco De Mayo

Cooking is a simple stress re-leaver, and let me just say that I cooked up a store yesterday!!  I love LOVE love guacamole, and what better excuse to make it then a Mexican Holiday :D  Unfortunately with all the taco's and this hot sauce and that hot sauce, I have had bad heart burn since I finished dinner last night (yay me)!!  
Some of the most simplest dishes can taste the best when you think that you are celebrating a Holiday.  I think that Hot Dogs taste best on the 4th of July, and grilled chicken or any meat for that matter taste best in the summer!  As picky as I am I will eat almost anything grilled!!  I really want to make some eggplant, however I'm not totally sure how it will come out, or if it will, and that makes me hesitate to cook it. 
 On a side note, as I was making dinner tonight, I was a little bit frustrated with my chicken.  I have not been able to get it just right in a pan.  I was going to bake it, but took a nap instead, and baking takes time.  I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, other than maybe the cut of meat is a little too thick??  I made sure that meat had thawed out, and my pan was nice and hot, but it took forever to cook.  Any suggestions would be great, for a faster time.  
Yesterday I made something called white sauce.  I am not sure what to use it on.  So Hubby and I ate it with chips.  It was good, I am just not sure if I am supposed to eat it on tacos, eat it hot, or eat it as a dip.  
Before I forget...On May 14th I am going to have a scar/mark on my back looked at, normally I try not to post about anything other than food.  But, I am more than a little nervous about it.  If you are the praying type please send some prayers for me.  If you aren't please send some happy thoughts.  And if you are negative please forget about me on that day.   I cannot say that I have never tanned.  When I first got it I would put a band-aide on it, as well as sun screen and then get in the tanning bed.  My friend at school made fun of me because she didn't see the point of going to the bed, if I was just gonna put on SPF 50 sunscreen and not even shut the door.  Well I thought of it like the sun, you can still get tan in the sun with sun screen so the bed should work the same.  And I really just liked laying in the heat on a cold day.  When I can home from school, I tanned about 5 more times, I have been in the tanning bed as many times as I have fingers, but it only takes ONE time.  In those five more times, the only thing that I didn't do is put a band aide on it.  I am trying to convince my self that it has not changed, I don't think that it has.  So it is completely precautionary for me, but I am still scared out of my mind, and need all the good Ju-Ju I can get!!  Thanks in advance!!!


  • Kelsey Gawinski
    White Sauce
    1 cup M...iracle Whip
    1 cup Sour Cream
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano - crushed
    Mix all in bowl then refrigerate. Make 1 to 2 days before using to allow flavors to mix.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment