Saturday, September 22, 2012

"And that's what's for dinner tonight!"

By simple accident, I made to good things that didn't go together.  Kickin' Crab Corn Soup (Campbels) and Buffalo Chicken Taquitos (Pinterest).  I will have you know that the recipes that I have been making this week have been very involved and have lots of prep work.  I don't mind the practice but sometimes (mainly after working the entire day or week) I don't want to stand in the kitchen that long.  (Dear God, someone give me a short cut!!!!).  

The soup I just heat and go (yada yada).  On to "Real Women of Philadelphia" wouldn't you know it...there was an ingredient listed in the directions list that was never in the ingredient list.  As one of my kids would say "Check it" (LITTERerLY).  I thought that I did bad in the kitchen...um hello you publish the recipe and you FORGET to tell me I need the ingredient and HOW much of it???  COME ON!!!!

So let me introduce you to the recipe:
http://realwomenofphiladelphia.com/recipes/view/1073120/buffalo-chicken-taquitos-revised


INGREDIENTS

  • 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
  • 12 soft taco, flour tortillas
  • 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
  • 4 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese
  • 1/3 cup Frank’s hot sauce
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tsp Mrs. Dash
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. In a small sauce pot over medium low heat, melt butter.
  3. Add Mrs. Dash, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
  4. Add cream cheese and stir until melted and completely combined with butter and spices.
  5. Wisk in hot sauce and milk and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Add salt to taste.
  6. Combine chicken and sauce.
  7. Lay out a tortilla; fill with about ¼ - 1/3 cup chicken and 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
  8. Tightly roll up taquito and place on a greased baking sheet; repeat until chicken is gone.
  9. Brush taquitos with vegetable oil on all sides.
  10. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes; rotate them every 5 minutes, until golden brown.
  11. Serve with Kraft Blue Cheese Dressing and celery sticks.

And now what I would/will change:
I added onions.  Too much franks again.  I don't think people realize that a little of that stuff goes WAY beyond a long way.  Notice in direction number 3 it says to add "Cajun Seasoning" if you went wait what like I did (okay like five times), then you have to be honest, um do I add it or not.  I had it on had, so I put some in, also because the Mrs. Dash and the garlic powder were the same amount, I added Cajun in the same amount.  If you don't have it don't worry just don't add it.  I didn't notice a taste of it.  

These are very addicting.  I couldn't eat just one.  and I really couldn't roll them that small so they turned into burritos.  Anyways...make them.  They are SUPER yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment