Thursday, October 18, 2012

No Leftovers....(barely)

Simple things in life...a warm bath, the cold side of the pillow (I don't get that one), hot dogs, puppy kisses, warm hugs, kisses on the forehead, and lastly a soup gone right!!!  It is really easy to mess up a soup, not enough broth, not enough flavor.  It's also not so easy to get right.  

Fall is soup weather for me.  When I am super cold in the winter, I just want to eat Raman noodles. In the fall I want a soup.  But, I am really picky.  I don't like tomato broth soups, minestrone is not my cup of tea.  I really didn't care for potato soup either, that is until today.  

When potato soup is cooked, I don't think that it tastes like potatoes.  I was really nervous when I made this.  But, I had two people at home that would take up what I didn't eat, I had my raman on had, and my gpa lives right down the road, and I pass things off to him.

With that in mind I humbly decided to make this.  I was going to make this two days ago, but it says to cook in a crock pot for 6 to 8 hours, and all of the soup will not fit in my tiny crock pot (that is another thing on my xmas list).  Today I came home from school, told Hubby that I was setting up for dinner tonight, I told him that I was going to make the jalapeno soup, he wanted the hash brown soup.  So, that is what got made.  I would NOT change a thing about this soup.  It is SO good. 

You can find it here:  http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com/2011/03/outback-aint-got-nothin-on-me.html

Or here:


THURSDAY, MARCH 3, 2011

Outback Ain’t Got Nothin’ on Me!!

Do y’all like Outback Steakhouse?!?!  I LOVE IT!!!  My favorite combo is the 8oz. sirloin, medium rare, with a side caesar salad and baked potato…fully loaded.  Mmmmm.  Dang…I’m hungry!  Anyhoo…I also LOVE their baked potato soup.  O.M.G.  SO yum!!  I don’t care what time of year it is…that soup is delish in any kind of weather!!!  I always manage to screw up any kind of potato soup recipe I’ve been given, but y’all…this one.  THIS.ONE.  Holy OMG.  Seriously could NOT be easier.  Our sweet librarian at school shared this recipe with me and I’m SO dang glad she did.  I literally raced to the store after school to buy all the ingredients to whip it up for dinner.  Mr. Spouse said this is his FAVORITE potato soup :)  Outback ain’t got NOTHIN’ on me!!! HA!!!   
EASY CROCKPOT POTATO SOUP 
1 30oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns {I used Ore Ida}
3 14oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1 pkg. cream cheese {don’t use fat free.  It WON’T melt!!!}
As the Pioneer Woman would say, here are the “cast of characters”.
  potato soup1
Not too shabby, eh?! 
In a crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese.  Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat.  About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted.  Serve with cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, or whatever else you think would be good!!
potato soup2
Seriously y’all.  DANG good.  I didn’t have time to make this on the crockpot, so I cooked everything stovetop style.  Probably took about an hour total after everything was said and done.  The hardest part of preparing this meal was ripping open the bag & cans to pour them into the pot.  Yes, friends…it was THAT easy!!!  Mr. Spouse was lovin’ him some potato soup courtesy of wifey and requested that this be added to our dinner “rotation” {which currently consists of taco salad, pasta, and take out}.  Yes please!!!  Promise you’ll love it!!!  By far, one of my faves!!!!

On a side note, I just saw where she said that she cooked it all stove top, I was stressing for nothing.  I also didn't follow my golden rule, read it all before you make it!!!  Duh, Crystal, Duh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment