Monday, October 22, 2012

'Tis the season...wait a minute IT'S OCTOBER!!!

While I cannot wait to participate in all he holiday hooplah, I can wait just a little long, my favorite month still has a few more breaths left in it, and I haven't seen any scary movies yet.  However, I am breaking the rules just a little bit, and am trying some holiday recipes here and there so that I can make sure that they taste good when it is really that time.

Two weeks later and I am still on my cream cheese recipes.  They thing about cream cheese, it is good, but you can't make it every day.  After I share this one with you, I have two more to go; I am going to find other things than cream cheese after this.  (Plus, I have to make one or two batches of my pumpkin cookies, before you can't get pumpkin any more.)  

Moving on: I love Sausage Balls, not only is it a really fun word to say, but it just sounds like something good to eat.  This is a really simple recipe, with only four ingredients.  But, it was really easy to mess up.  The first batch I burnt, I rolled out that second batch but I also defrosted a back up.  The second batch, I cooked for 3 minutes less, (20 instead of 23) and flipped in the middle.  They were still burnt, just not as much (CRAP).  The third batch, I cooked for 10 minutes total, and flipped in the middle they came up perfect (so says the hubby), I was not too impressed.  

I thought that this was going to be so good.  I was really looking forward to it.  When Hubby got home, I told him.  Go ahead and try them, but I don't think that you are going to like them.  He loved them.  He ate them for dinner, and then again for breakfast the next day.  To me, they didn't even taste like sausage, and they didn't taste like Bisquick either.  This lady lies, good thing I tell you the truth!!!

   You can find the recipe here: http://www.plainchicken.com/2011/09/cream-cheese-sausage-balls-football.html

Or here:

Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
(Printable Recipe)

1 lb hot sausage, uncooked
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups Bisquick
4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400F.

Mix all ingredients until well combined. (I use my KitchenAid mixer with the dough hook attachment)  Roll into 1-inch balls.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until brown.

Sausage balls may be frozen uncooked.  If baking frozen, add a few minutes to the baking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment