Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I could live without it...

Being open and honest with you about my kitchen experiences was the point of my blog.  This post in no exception.  Let me first start off with a coupon/sales paper experience.  I am NOT an extreme couponer, I love to save, but I don't go out of my way like the people on the show.  I have, However been waiting all year for the Thanksgiving food sale paper's to come to my door.  Last year they were so awesome, that I got enough canned veggies that I didn't run out until about July of this year.  Mainly I was waiting for the Target paper, I got canned veggies, gravy, and "Stove Top" Stuffing all for 49 cents a piece.  When I got my paper this year, I was more than a little bummed, the costs of the veggies went up 20 cents.  The cost of the gravy went up to a $1.  And the Stuffing is not even on sale.  I was more than a little bummed.  I have also been waiting all year for the meat sales.  They usually start in September and go on until Christmas.  I can stock up enough meat to get Hubby and I through the winter (I usually don't get enough chicken, and have to get that again.)  Again no such luck, there is a sale on Turkey 59 cents per pound, however you have to buy $30 worth of groceries.  I am saying this because I want to get a little bit political...if every thing is going up how are we expected to get through, and make the economy good again?  Gas is going up and down, and food is effected by that.  I just don't get what he did in the last four years?  Health care is high, I don't go to the doctor because I am not sure if a) i am going to be covered or b) if it is going to cost me an arm and a leg? I am middle class, and I am suffering most days.  I can pay my bills, I work, I don't cheat; but my tax breaks are being taken away, and health care sucks...please tell me how this is going to work...

Okay I am off my soap box now...I found a recipe that I think is Sandra Lee.  (Her and her semi homemade drive me crazy.)  Anyways...I feel like it was lacking flavor and the special thing that makes you wanna go back for more.  It's called Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken.  But I added some things to it.  

You can find the recipe here :http://www.semihomemademom.com/2012/02/slow-cooker-salsa-chicken.html

Or here:

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
1 cup salsa
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 cup sour cream
6 tortillas


Place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning on chicken. In a bowl, combine soup and salsa. Pour over chicken. Cook on high 4 hours. Shred chicken with two forks and stir in sour cream. Serve on tortillas or as desired.


One thing I did, I used bone in Chicken.  But I cooked it for the four hours and it did not shred.  I fried up onions, and added lettuce and cheese to me it just didn't have the kick.  Hubby ate two of them.  I am taking what I have left over to my grandparents to see if they like it, and as a thank you for taking care of my puppies.  You can try this but, I don't recommend it but you might like it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment