Sunday, November 18, 2012

I don't like Lasagna....

It's almost that time, time to stuff your face with TURKEY, and then try and sleep for a little bit so you can get up at 10pm and hit the black Friday sales to try and stuff your tree!!!  (I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!!! IT IS MY FAVE).  I wanted to get all my grocery shopping for the week done today, so that I don't have to do it anytime this week cause everything is crazy.  (I still have to get dog and cat food and cilantro, I can never win!!)  While at the grocery store with the hubby, he asks, "What are you making for dinner?"  I told him Lasagna, and he was not pleased at all.  He wanted me to make anything but that, until I explained that it was Enchilada Lasagna, and he was okay with that.  

Let me tell you that this recipe is better than okay, it is AWESOME!!!!  Every bite was good, and we ate it way too fast, but it was soooo good.  This dish does have ingredients that you normally would not put together.  (A can of Cream of Celery soup, wouldn't think Enchilada there.)  But, the dish blends so well that you don't notice what is mixed together.  

You can find the recipe here: http://www.mogwaisoup.com/2009/08/enchilada-lasagna.html

Or you can find it here:
Enchilada Lasagna

Ingridients:

2 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 lbs chicken breast, chopped to bite pieces
5 cups of mexican blend cheese
1 can of cream of celery
1 can of cream of chicken
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup canned and chopped green chillies (drained)
small corn tortillas
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
Brown chicken in a pan on 2 tbsp of oil. Season with salt and pepper. 
In a bowl combine cream of celery, cream of chicken, sour cream and green chillies.
Prepare the dish you will assemble the lasagna in. Put 1/2 cup of cream mix on the bottom of the baking dish and spread. Layer a row of tortillas followed with cream mix, chicken and cheese. You should be able to make 3 layers like this. Last layer doesn't need chicken, just a ton of cheese. preheat the oven to 425 degrees and let it bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted and golden brown on top.

She doesn't tell you where to put the Cumin, and the sauce without it doesn't taste as good so I added it to the sour cream/soup mixture.  I also used really big tortillas, and just cut them in half.  I like the Chi Chi's ones the best, they come out much tastier, and not dry.  This dish is so beyond good.  Hubby is eating left overs for lunch tomorrow!!!  So make this dish, I promise you will not be dissapointed!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment