Monday, November 19, 2012

If only I could make money from Blogging....

A thirty minute meal, that wasn't from Rachael Ray!!!  

I would love to make a ton of money from cooking and then blogging about what I have done.  I would get to do all the things that I love, hanging out with kids, hanging out with my fur babies, cooking, writing, and making money!!  Since I can't do that, I will just write for fun and the love of cooking and improving.

So the title is my hits and misses, and lately I have had a lot of hits, and hardly any misses.  I think I am getting better.  That's what I want to say about it anyways!!!  

This recipe is totally easy, and totally simple and takes like 30 minutes or less to make if you use my cheats!!!!

It's called Cilantro Lime Shrimp and cheat number one is:
get steamed shrimp from the seafood counter.  You can put it in the fridge for about a day or two, and you just heat it up in the pan.  Cheat number two is keep garlic on hand.  The longer you have it the more garlic-y it tastes!!!  

You can find the recipe here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/cilantro-lime-shrimp.html
Or here:

Ingredients: 
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 2 lb shrimp, shelled and deviened
  • 6 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 lime
  • salt and pepper 

Directions: 
    Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan, when hot addshrimp. Season with salt and pepper. When the shrimp is cooked on one side, about 2 minutes, turn over and add garlic. Sauté another minute or two until shrimp is cooked, careful not to overcook. Remove from heat. Squeeze lime all over shrimp and tosswith cilantro. Serve hot.

    I served it over rice.  It is really yummy, the lime gives it a really good flavor. It's almost Thanksgiving, a day where you will no doubt spend all day in the kitchen.  Don't do so before hand!!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment