Thursday, November 29, 2012

Needs more salsa...cilantro died

I have come to the conclusion that I am not supposed to have fresh herbs in my home.  Every time I get them, as soon as I touch them, or use some they die :( !!!  I use a lot of cilantro, and I really don't care for it as much as I use it.  I don't mind the taste, it is really the smell of it that gets to me.  Anyways...

All the recipes that I have been finding on from Pinterest.  I need to make a Rachael Ray recipe, just to say that I have in this year, cause I haven't.  But, Pinterest is addicting, and there is tons of good stuff on there.  If you don't have an account you really should.  Now where I find time to work, cook, blog, and do Pinterest I have no idea.  There are tons of other projects that I need to do, decorating my home and shopping for Christmas are just two of them. Plus I need to get out to the movies and see "Wreck it Ralph".  Plus my boxer needs to go to doggie obedience training.  Where are the hours in the day???  One thing at a time I guess!!!

And one more thing before I talk about food:  If you are coupon shopping and you shop at Target you might as well forget it.  If they have a good deal going on, then you might be able to save, but really it is so expensive.  I saved only 12$ and spent 124$.  Was not happy with that at all!!!

Who doesn't like a recipe that starts off witeh the word "Cheesy"?  If you don't you really don't know what you are missing!!!  I keep so much shredded cheese on had that I just have it when I need it (most of the time, this time around Hubby had to buy some, and we are through half the bag).  So if you aren't hooked on cheesy, what about rice?  Okay, unless you can't eat it, but I love rice.  It really takes any flavor, and even alone it tastes so good, for the most part I think that RICE is better than pasta.

I made "Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake" it was so good.  But, I didn't have cilantro, and I didn't have enough cheese.  I also think this dish could use a few more things.  You can find the recipe here:
 http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/cheesy-chicken-and-rice-bake/

or here:


Recipe Description


A quick, easy and healthy casserole to throw together when you’re pressed for time!

Preparation Instructions


Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for cilantro and mix thoroughly to combine. Make sure the yogurt and cheese are stirred in throughout the entire bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to an oven-safe dish and top with extra cheese if you would like. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
To make this process easier, I always have cooked chicken on hand, and use Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice. If you have those two things, this can be throw together in a matter of minutes! It can also easily be made ahead of time and reheated.

Ingredients

  • 2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • 4 cups Cooked Brown Rice
  • ¾ cups Frozen Corn
  • 15 ounces, fluid Can Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
  • 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
  • 4 ounces, fluid Can Green Chilis
  • ½ cups Salsa
  • 1 cup Low-fat Cheddar Cheese, Plus More For Topping
  • 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro For Garnish

Crystal's Recommendations: Cheese, Cheese, Cheese and more cheese!!!  I used sour cream!  I needed the Cilantro.  And I am gonna say onions, 2 cups sour cream and 2 cups salsa.  There is just so much rice that it really absorbed the sauce.  Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment