Monday, January 21, 2013

Repeat #2 coming up tonight..(I have not made it yet)

So, even though I am cooking for two people I only get to eat alone :(!!  Hubby is on overnights, and most of the nights that I cook he isn't there.  Especially nights like tonight, when I have to work from 3-8 and he leaves at 7!  So, I am making the outback steak house Aussie Springs Chicken again.  Hubby will get to eat it tomorrow night.  


SHERRY’S AUSSIE CHICKEN

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness (sometimes it’s easier to filet them, instead)
  • seasoning salt
  • 6 slices bacon, cut in half (What is it with me and all the bacon recipes this week?!)
  • ¼ cup regular mustard
  • ¼ to 1/3 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
  • 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 2 cups shredded Colby/Jack cheese
Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt.  Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp.  Remove bacon.  ***Do not discard grease.*** Saute chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned.  Move chicken to a 9×13 pan.
In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayo and dried onion flakes.  Apply the honey mustard to each breast, then layer with mushrooms, bacon, and shredded cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.  (Be sure to cut into a breast to see that it is fully cooked before serving to guests who will find raw meat in their main dish.  Ask me how I know…)
Serve with honey mustard sauce.

So, I think the main reason that I am posting this now is so that I will have the recipe, and not have to dig for it.  I have yet to add a lot of these recipes to my cook book.  I really need to get on that, in my list of dozens of things to do.  I really wish that I could do some of my work from home.  If I could then I would be doing my things while I am watching the kids that I work with.  But, at this job you are supposed to remain as anonymous as possible, do you know how hard that is???  Seriously it is REALLY hard.  The kids ask over and over again, who this is and what that is.  Even harder, there is usually always a picture of my dogs on my phone, and they see it and then they know that names of my pups.  Yea, I am not too good at that anonymous thing.  

So as I am sitting here at work, with nothing to do, no one to talk to (no one is here?!?!?) I am board!!!!  Lord help me!!  The smart thing would have been to bring my cook book and look through it so that I can be ready for crock pot month.  For some reason January seems to just be dragging, and NO SNOW!!  Okay, I am off in a tangent right now, sorry!  Anyways, that is what will be for dinner tonight!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment