Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Something Old, Something New, Something Blogged, Something Blue

So the theme of this month is something I've already made, in light of my blogaversary!!! :D  I have said this before and I will say it again, I just don't like Chili   I used to think that it was just the beans, honestly I think that it is all the ingredients together; it reminds me of a watered down meatloaf, and I hate meatloaf!!!  

But, the Hubby loves Chili, I am pretty sure that he ate two maybe 3 bowls the other night, while I could only stomach one. (And I left all the beans in there)!!!  While the beer that I used is different from almost a year ago, the chili was still as spicy!!!  

Here is what I said last year: "So, I made Chili. The night I made it, I did not like what I tasted. Hubby ate a bowl, like it was the best Chili that he had ever had. Yesterday, after it sat over night, and chilled, Hubby wanted another bowl. He made a bowl, and added some cheese, and I don't know what about it tasted good, but after it sat I liked it."  I haven't ate any since the night I made it this time around.  I think that I need to minus a can a beans, they were so over whelming this time around.  The beer that I used this time around was Warstiner (not sure how to spell that).  You really don't taste it.  

Here is the recipe followed the same way that I did last year!

Game Day Chili (From Pillsbury Cookbook, that is totally Free online >.<)
Prep time: 30mins Start to finish: 2hours and 30minutes Servings: 8

2lb ground beef, chuck
1 medium onion, chopped
3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped (I used three)
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons of ground cumin
1 to 2 teaspoons of ground red pepper (cayenne, I used one)
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 can (6oz) tomato paste
1 3/4 cups Progresso beef-flavored broth
1 bottle (12oz) dark beer (I used yungling)
3 cans (8oz each) tomato sauce
2 cans (15 oz each) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (4.5oz) Old El Paso chopped green chilies
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1. In a 5 to 6 quart Dutch Oven, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain (I cooked the the onion and garlic first, without the beef, I don't like that the grease and fat from the beef gets in the onion and garlic.)

2. Add chili powder, cumin, red pepper and paprika; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute longer. Add remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 2 hours.

Try it out and tell me how it goes!  And thanks again for reading my blog!  I really enjoy writing these up for you!! <3!

No comments:

Post a Comment