Thursday, March 24, 2016

Thankful for HIM

When other women talk about the Hubz, I think of how thankful I am for mine.  I'm not saying that he is perfect, but I am saying that he is perfect for me.  

There is this new movement, #beating50percent... it's about working on your marriage and beating out the odds of divorce.  I don't really buy into things like that.  But when I talk about couples and other peoples lives, I start to think about it.  

When I entered into my marriage I told my hubz, that I'm not entertaining the idea of divorce.  If this is something that you think might cross your mind at some point in our lives, then I don't want you to even say "I Do."  I understand that times will be hard, and that marriage will not be all "Sunshine and Roses," but I want to fight and I want to work on it and if we go to bed mad it is not the end of the world, it is just something that happens; we work on it we move on.  I also had to let my Hubz know that I am a teller; meaning, I will tell him everything.  (To be honest he knew this, I mean we were together for 10 years before we got married.)  I believe in order to beat that 50% you have to communicate, and I communicate ALL the time.  But those are just some things about me.

Allow me to come back from my tangent.  I am thankful for my Hubz.  We are crazy, we have never said that we aren't.  Honestly, we feel like we are that fun couple to be around, Hubz is quiet and calm, and I am loud and crazy, and if you are looking for either, if you are around us, you get both.  We have made a lot of crazy mistakes along the way (anyone heard of 31?  Yeah I sold that and made nothing, Mary Kay?  Did that too, still make nothing.  Hopped a few jobs, to find the one, raising my hand to that too.)  My Hubz has always pushed me to chase my dreams.  One of my dreams is to have a published book.  Having a blog might be as close as I get to that, but you never know.  I am always pushed my Hubz to do the same.  We believe in being all in, no one for one.  It's all for all.  But you have to do what works for you too.  Just because it works for us, doesn't mean that it will work for you.  

I am not one to give advice, I am not licensed in that department, to be honest I'm not licensed in anything.  But, I honestly believe that there are some many people that enter marriage just because they are in love with this idea of being married.  (Have you watched Married at First Sight?  If you haven't you should, and you should watch it when it reruns, and you should get on twitted and chat about it.  It is not just this crazy social experiment, it is a window, into marriage.)  Marriage is not this glamorous thing, it is not about taking someone's last name.  It is about coming together with someone and making your life work.  It is not two people coming together and still living separate lives.  You have to sacrifice a lot.  You have to change and work at it a lot.  And if you are not a fighter then I honestly think that you should not be married.  Because, if you don't fight for what you want, then you will lose what you have it.  It will not work.  It will dissolve.  I plan on #beating50percent.  I'm working on it every day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment