Friday, August 17, 2012

This is my own Creation...

Everyone has their own recipe for something...

These days you can't go to many places, or many people's houses and them not say, "Hey you know that taco thing...I made it this way now it is my recipe."  I honestly wish it were that easy to coin something, I would have hundreds of things that were "mine" if that were the case.  Let me not confuse you, I am not the first person to ever make a taco bake or taco casserole, I'm not even the first person to blog about it.  But, I may be the first one you come across, or the first time you decide to try one yourself, might be after you read this.  Please feel free to tell me that I am NOT the first, and then tell me that you changed it and you made it better than I did.  I will for sure not be offended.

Now lets get down to business:

Ingredients::

12 soft corn tortilla shells (no need for pre-bake, the will soften)
1 lb of ground beef
1 package of taco seasoning
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can of re-fried beans
1 jar of taco sauce (I like the old El Paso jar, but you can use what you like in the heat you like)
1 jar of Jalapenos (you won't use the entire jar, just use what you like)
1 can of encalada sauce
1 can of Rotel (I keep a lot of this on hand, I like the one with the chilies in it)
1 can of black beans (optional)
1 package of taco rice (optional)
3 cups or more of Mexican blend cheese

(add whatever other ingredients you like..its really up to you.)

Directions:

1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown the beef and add the taco seasoning as directed on the packet
3. While doing both of these boil your rice, and dice your onions, open all your cans, and make sure you have spoon for your re-fried beans.  I like a glass baking dish but you can use what you like.
4. Layer it up..shells on the bottom, I over lap them, 6 to a layer.  Then use the re-fried beans as a paste to keep them together. Add all other ingredients, once you get to the top add your cheese...then add a layer of shells and start again.
5. Top it all off with cheese.
6. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, cut and enjoy.

It's really yummy I promise!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment