Thursday, August 2, 2012

Yesterday/Last Night I made this...

The Recipe I made is from Pinterst through another blogger...here it is

 

Buffalo Chicken Goodness

Week two of my Pinterest journey brought a delicious new recipe I will be making often. Mostly because it's so easy. I like meals I don't have to cook when I get home.

I originally found this post on My Kitchen Apron. But I changed the recipe a little.

What you need:

1 3 lb. of frozen chicken breasts
1 bottle of Franks Wings buffalo sauce
1 packet of ranch seasoning



Put the frozen chicken, wings sauce and ranch packet into the crock pot. The original recipe used the whole bottle but since I don’t have a whole family to feed I used a few pieces of the chicken and only half of the bottle of wings sauce.



Leave the Crockpot on low for at least 6 or 7 hours. Since I did this on a day I worked the chicken sat in the Crockpot for almost 9 hours and was fine.

Then take the chicken out and shred it on a plate. If you leave it in as long as I did you don’t even have to take it out of the pot, it will just fall apart.



Put the shredded chicken back in the Crockpot for another hour to soak up the rest of the wings sauce.

The original recipe said to put have the chicken as a sandwich with pepper-jack cheese but I thought a wrap with lettuce and sour cream, and tomatoes for those who like them, was better.


I am also going to try putting on nachos, on a salad, and as a sandwich.


Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

3 lb. bag of frozen chicken breasts
1 bottle Frank's Wings Buffalo Sauce
1 packet Ranch Dip Mix
• Put frozen chicken, wing sauce, and ranch dip mix into Crockpot.
• Cook on low at least 6 to 7 hours
• Shred chicken & return to Crockpot.
• Cook on low for an additional hour.

Allow me to tell you a few things about it:
1. Don't use and entire bottle of "Frank's" don't even use half a bottle.  I used half a bottle and it was way too hot. Only the hubby could finish his sandwhich.
2. You can't taste the packet of Ranch, it needs more.  I would say another packet.
3. I used chicken breasts, you use what you like.

IF I make this again, and that is a big IF then I will use a lot less "Franks" and a lot more ranch.  The chicken did pull apart with a spoon after it was cooking all day.  And by all day I mean I put it on at about 10:30 and we ate it at 7 or so.  While I think that this is a good idea, this is not my most favorite thing that I have made on Pinterest.

Give it a try!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment