Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Please add two packets of Ranch....

I'm not the type of person that needs to add ranch to everything, however I am the type of person, that when it is there I want to taste it.  If I don't there needs to be more!!  One day when I either make money from cooking or blogging (this will never happen :(..) I will write to all these people and tell them how their recipes could go from good to awesome!!  
Anyways...this is a crock pot recipe true and true.  I didn't do much to make dinner tonight!  I put this in the crock pot at 2:30 and by 7:45 I had a meal.  I boiled some pasta and did a steam bag of broccoli in the microwave!  This is really a simple recipe...it took me about 10 minutes to put in the crock pot...

So as always...you can find the recipe here: http://picky-palate.com/2012/09/20/pesto-ranch-crock-pot-chicken-thighs/

or here:


Crock Pot Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs

Crock Pot Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs 1 textIngredients
  • 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 6 ounce jar of pesto
  • 1 package Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
Directions
  1. Turn crock pot to high setting. Place chicken thighs, pesto, ranch dressing and chicken broth into crock pot. Stir gently to combine all seasonings. Close with lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
  2. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and a simple salad.
Makes 8 servings




And now what I would change or did change... I did four pieces of chicken, most of the time it is only hubby and I eating.  Next I would do packets of the ranch.  Hubby put ranch dressing on his and said it tasted a lot better!!!  I would also use veggie broth instead of chicken, it was just salty.  Well let me know what you do!!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment