Thursday, February 9, 2012

Do not try this at home!!!


Some things just should be left in my brain and not cooked, or shared with others!!! It has been a long time since I made a recipe (okay about a week), Hubby has been getting home late, and I have been working weird hours; which leaves no time in the kitchen. But about a week ago I made something again, that hubby loved, and I hated. At work when I have to walk to Lawn and Garden, I pass the food section, there is really no way around it unless I go threw the back of the store and that takes a hell of a lot longer. So I have to pass the pasta isle. At the end of that isle where I pass, there are jars of Rague sauce, and one of them is a cheddar sauce. It looks so yummy and every time I pass it I just think about a hamburger. So the other day when I got off early I decided that I was going to make something with it, and here is what I came up with:

1 Jar of Rague Cheddar Sauce
1/2 lb of Hamburger
1 tomatoe
1 onion
2 pickle spears cut up
1/2 a head of lettuce
about a tablespoon of mustard
about a tablespoon of ketchup
and half a box a shell noodles

Fry hamburger until just slightly pink
Boil noodles until tender but not yet done
In a baking pan add shells, hamburger, tomatoes, onion, pickles, mustard, and ketchup. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Then peal the foil back, and stir, your noodles are going to be crispy, but once you stir them, the sauce will make them soft again. Add the Lettuce and then bake again for a half hour. Stir again after taking out of the oven, and then serve.

I thought that this would taste like a baked hamburger, however...to me it just tasted like mustard and ketchup heated up. The smell of it even made me gag, I had to turn on all the air fresheners in the house. Oh it was bad. I don't recommend you trying this. But if you are like my Hubby, and will eat almost anything; then you should totally try it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment