Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hosin Chocken Say what????

Alright now...In making this I really thought that I would become a better cook, and now I am beginning to feel a little defeated, like I really never knew how to cook in the first place. On a side note, I don't think that my "George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine" is getting hot enough. I had to burn my chicken in order for it to be done.

So...
Once Upon A Time, in a place called Radford Virginia, I was stuck there for a summer....in that summer I had no meal plan..and so I had to make and buy things on my own. I got a George Foreman grill, and in it was a cook book. My mom had come down to spend the week with me, and looked over this cook book. She wanted to try the recipe for Hoisin Chicken, and I agreed. It is very yummy!!! And so I decided that it was time to share with the Hubby!! He liked, it and now I am going to share it with you...

Hoisin-Glazed Chicken Thighs

8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons prepared barbeque sauce
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 green onion chopped
non-fat cooking spray

Remove any visible fat from the chicken. Place the thighs in a flat glass pan (I put mine in a plastic dish, with a lid and put in the fridge). Combine the hoisin sauce, barbeque sauce, Worcestershire sauce and green onion and pour over the thighs. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 1-12hours. Coat the grill with cooking spray and preheat for 5 minutes. Discard the marinade and grill the thighs for 5-7 minutes. Serves 4-6.

**I used breasts instead of thighs. I also poured a little of the marinade on the chicken while it was cooking.

Let me know if you try it and what you think <3

No comments:

Post a Comment