Monday, February 13, 2012

Two Blogs in one night...at 2fer (not all about food)

I have to do two blogs in one night because I had a good and bad day and I don't want to put the bad into a good one...so here is the good. I will call it "A" for Angel!

Not sure if it is a good blog, but it is a better blog. Today another Angel went to heaven. I didn't know Adam Jackson very well, I worked with him. But he was at Walmart mainly while I was at school. But the one summer that I worked with him, it was great getting to know him. Sara; if you are reading this, he was so sweet, and the things that he told me and the dreams that he had for the two of you were amazing, I really wish the two of you could have lived out this dream.

I'm not sure how to segway into this, so I will just go into it. Tonight when I was driving home I heard the new song by Miranda Lambert; "Over You." I have liked this song for some time, well since it came out. But, I had one of those moments. You know the one where you hear a song, but you haven't really listened to it until that day...well I was listening tonight, with tears in my eyes. I don't want to take away from anyone's grief, because I didn't know him that well and it would be selfish of me.

It just made me think about things that we take for granted in our lives. Someone at worked was making fun of me the other day, because I was talking about the kissing routine that Hubby and I have. No matter what time we wake up for work, we kiss good bye. Then before bed we always kiss, and then we kiss in the morning, even if we are going to be together all day. We try not to go to bed mad at each other, if we are having a disagreement. Because you really don't know when you are telling someone good bye, and you really don't know when you seeing or saying something to them for the last time. So I will leave this post with Lyrics from Miranda Lambert's song, I hope that you find some solace in your pain, and that the clouds will go away and a sunny day will come your way....

"Over You"

Weather man said it’s gonna snow
By now I should be used to the cold
Mid-February shouldn’t be so scary
It was only December
I still remember the presents, the tree, you and me

But you went away
How dare you?
I miss you
They say I’ll be OK
But I’m not going to ever get over you

Living alone here in this place
I think of you, and I’m not afraid
Your favorite records make me feel better
Cause you sing along
With every song
I know you didn’t mean to give them to me

But you went away
How dare you?
I miss you
They say I’ll be OK
But I’m not going to ever get over you

It really sinks in, you know, when I see it in stone

Cause you went away,
How dare you?
I miss you
They say I’ll be OK
But I’m not going to ever get over you

No comments:

Post a Comment