Sunday, February 26, 2012

Scentsy Party Success

I <3 Scentsy!!! I have been up since 8:30 today getting ready for my Scentsy party, it was my first home show. Let me tell you that I was very nervous!!! Not that I don't mind speaking in front of people, just that there is no script to base off of. I wasn't sure what to say, and while I was cooking and getting ready, I had to figure out what to say. I cook best when I am in my pj's I'm not sure why, but it is easier for me to let loose, and do what I need to do. I made many recipes today. All of which turned out well. Except for the Artichoke dip, that was just yucky, and I threw it in the trash.

I want to say thanks to everyone who came, and ordered, and Thank you to Mary Ann and Pat for doing book parties with me :D

Shrimp Crostini
Recipe Courtesy of Paula Dean

Servings 24 crostini
Cook time: 10 minutes
Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
5 cloves garlic, minced and divided
2 tablespoons minced green onion
1 tablespoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons of minced fresh parsley leaves
24 medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
24 toasted french bread rounds
cherry tomatoes, halved for garnish
fresh parsley leaves, for garnish

Directions

In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, 2 cloves garlic, green onion and pepper; set aside.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add remaining 3 cloves garlic and parsley. Add shrimp; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until pink and firm. Do not overcook.
Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over French bread rounds. Top each with 1 shrimp. Garnish with tomato halves and parsley leaves. (I don't like the tomato, so I didn't use it).

Cheesy Baked Artichoke Dip
Yield; Makes about 2 2/3 cup

Ingredients
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (packed) grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of salt
2 14ounce can artichoke hearts packed in water, well drained, chopped into 1/4inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 cup Italian cheese blend
french-bread baguette slices, toasted

preparation
whisk 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, pepper, onion sald, and garlic powder in medium bowl to blend. Stir in chopped artichoke hearts. Transfer mixture to 3 cup ramekin.

Sprinkle dip with remaining 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, Italian cheese and paprika.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake dip until heated through, about 25 minutes (about 35 if chilled). Serve warm with toasted baguette slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment